Easy-to-use email addresses are often at the forefront of a Scout Leader’s mind when they come to us for a new website, and a feature that’s also a deal-maker for many of our clients.
We recommend signing up to Google-led email platform, G Suite, when you purchase a website from us. Designed for teams and group-working or in your case, volunteering, G Suite is the perfect tool that can be used across all of your devices to keep in touch.
Each Scout Group, District, County, Region and Campsite is a registered charity. This means that you get G Suite completely free when you sign up to Google for Nonprofits, giving you access to the platform, using your own domain name, at no extra charge. Using your own domain name means you can have on-brand addresses, such as firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can then use your team emails to separate your personal email accounts from your Scouting or Girlguiding ones, and can use them across your website for various features such as:
- Directing form enquiries to your Scouting email address
- Allocating different enquiries to different members of the team and splitting the workload
- Using the calendar feature for our Google Calendar Integration into your site
- Allow website users to contact the relevant team member directly
- Access your emails, calendar and any other important information from your phone or tablet as well as your computer
Using G Suite and Google for Nonprofits gives you endless opportunities for communication within Scouting.
If you’re interested in this extra functionality, just ask us and we’ll be able to tell you more about it, and if you’re not 100% sure on whether you need it or not just yet, you can always ask us to add it to your package later on!
Get in touch today
We'll do our best to respond within 2 working hours.